This Week in Planetary Health: December 8, 2017
- Robyn Alders presented the keynote speech at the International Tropical Agriculture Conference 2017 and spoke about planetary health in her talk ‘The contributions of animal-source food to sustainable, safe, ethical & optimal human diets’
- Article published on PHA member Health In Harmony/ASRI on their work on planetary health
- New book published by Paul Auerbach and Jay Lemery “Enviromedics: The Impact of Climate Change on Human Health”
- Laurie Garrett spoke at BYU on Nov 28 on planetary health.
- Howie Frumkin gave a presentation on planetary health at IMIM. Full speech is available here.
- It was announced that celebrity chef Robert Oliver will be UNDP Pacific Office’s Advocate for Food, Sustainable Development and Wellbeing. Oliver spoke at the COP23 planetary health event at Bonn.
- New research published by PHA member institution, Institute for Circumpolar Health Research, on indigenous values and health systems.
- Editorial published on planetary health in BMJ
- The University of Nottingham is holding an interdisciplinary discussion on planetary health on March 14, 2018.